Since 1997, Share has ministered to the Turkana people through annual STORMs. STORM teams consist of African and non-African believers. Over 300 people have participated in STORM. The purpose of STORM is to:
- Expose and sensitize participants to God’s love and compassion for another people-group (many unreached) and culture, and to learn from such a culture so as overcome fear through a unique outreach and teaching encounter.
- Motivate participants to use (or discover) the specific, God-given competencies, talents, and skills to share the Good News and expand God’s Kingdom by leading many disadvantaged Turkana people to faith in Christ as Savior, or disciple them to deeper faith in Christ.
- Challenge participants to expand their limited perspective of spiritual fervor and establish lasting friendships by intentionally engaging in God’s call to Missions outside their comfort zone.
- Encourage participants to personally pray more and give more towards Missions, and to challenge those that God has placed in their sphere of influence to invest their resources in God’s Kingdom through Missions.
- To challenge and encourage team participants from both indigenous and non-indigenous cultures to actively engage in Missions locally and beyond.
- Rekindle a vision for Missions and heart of appreciation in the participants for the plentiful blessings that God has bestowed upon them in their homeland.
You can participate in STORM by applying online here