Share International grew out of the vision and inspiration of Sammy and Mary Murimi, Christians of Kenyan nationality. God has blessed Sammy and Mary with four children, David, Justus, Neema, and Baraka, and two grandsons – Daniel and Ezekiel.
In spring of 1978, Sammy attended a Missions Convention at the headquarters of Worldwide Evangelization Crusade’s (WEC) in Bulstrode (near London) where “Brother Andrew” (Andrew van der Bijl) was the speaker. It was at that convention that Sammy surrendered his life to the call of Missions, with no idea where that would lead.
In the summer of 1978 Sammy traveled to Birmingham, England, to visit a friend. As he watched a TV documentary by BBC on the Turkana people of Kenya, he sensed the nudge from the Lord calling him to reach the Turkana people with the Gospel.
On January 18, 1989, while studying Missions at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (TEDS) in Illinois, the words “share the gospel… (and) our lives” by Apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians 2:8 made a strong impression on Sammy. It was at that moment that Share International was born.
Share began ministry in Turkanaland in 1997. Since then, and with God’s help and the prayers and support of His people, the ministry has:
- Reached at least 400,000 Turkana people with the Gospel in a geographical region comprising a population of 700,000.
- Trained, deployed, and supported 89 Turkana missionaries who have planted and are actively supporting 334 churches in Turkanaland, with an additional 75 preaching outposts.
- Led 41,645 people to faith in Christ as Savior and baptized 2,293 where water was available.
- Witnessed 38,424 believers who are participating in regular Discipleship classes.
- Enrolled 47 new missionary trainees and trained 14 missionaries in the Bible Pathways program at the SEND Center in Lodwar.
- Trained and commissioned 79 Sunday School teachers.
- Established 24 Adult Literacy classes in remote villages.
- Established ministries for men, women, young men, young girls, and children in the churches planted.
- Established a “Block Strategy” through which ministry leaders in 8 strategic geographical regions within Turkana County will be trained to make disciples that will make disciples in local congregations.
We invite you to join us so together we can continue to accomplish the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19,20) and witness the entire 1M Turkana population reached with the Gospel, with believers becoming Christ’s disciples that intentionally make disciples of others.